Historical Background

The Kano University of Science and Technology (KUST)Library was established in April 2001 to support the six undergraduate  programmes of the university in Agriculture, Food Science and Technology, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Pure Mathematic, Statistics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics  which were domicile in two Faculties namely; Faculty of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology (FAAT) and; the Faculty of Science and Science Education (FASSE). The Library was then housed in the former Studentís Dining Hall of the former Wudil Teachers College, with a modest collection of 2000 volumes of books and about 525 volumes of journals and documents.

However, the library has expanded in conformity with the general expansions of the University and it is now made up of; the main library, housed in a purposely built ultra modern Library building, located at the north eastern part of the main campus of the university; Five (5) Faculty Libraries; and an E-Library facility with 250 fully networked computers located in the main building as well as 50 Computers in the e-library annex, provided by USPF with internet access. In addition, the library provides technical assistance and support for a number of departmental libraries across the university.

 

Presently, the holdings of the University Library are approximately 16,127volumes of books and over 18,701 volumes of periodicals titles and other documents. The Library also has a seating capacity of 1000 readers and total staff strength of 8 Academic Librarians; 13 Para-professional Librarians; and 10 other support staff.  The library management is striving to upgrade the IT skills of the staff to enable them cope with challenges of the information age.

 

 Daily Trust | Leadership  | The Nation | Time Magazine | Gamji | Kano State Scholarship Board | kano Online | Amana Online

Copyright (c) 2016 Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil, Kano - Nigeria. All Rights Reserved.